5-Axis Universal Machining Centres
Universal Machines – 5-Axis Machining for Everyone
The Haas 5-Axis Universal Machining Centre has changed the landscape of the machine tool industry. Undeniably it has made 5-axis machining simple, affordable, and accessible to everyone.
Without doubt the larger travels and bigger platter of the Haas UMC-1250 makes it ideal for 5-axis machining of large parts. The UMC-1250SS is equipped with a faster spindle, high-speed tool changer, and high-speed trunnion table to reduce cycle times and boost productivity.
- 5-axis simultaneous machining
- Powerful inline direct-drive spindle
- Large capacity side-mount tool changer
- Includes Wireless Intuitive Probing System
- Made in the USA
DWO/TCPC Changes Everything:
Dynamic Work Offsets (DWO) together with Tool Centre Point Control (TCPC) are software features in the Haas control. Unquestionably the features make setting up 4-axis and 5-axis jobs as easy as a 3-axis machine. Furthermore, they allow an operator to place the part and fixture anywhere on the machine’s platter. Chiefly they can do this regardless of the location programmed in the CAM system. What’s more this Haas software determines differences between locations programmed in the CAM system and within the machine and applies appropriate offsets.
- Simplifies setup operations
- Part and fixture can be placed anywhere on the table/platter
- Saves money by eliminating costly workholding
- No need to regenerate programs from the CAM system
- Makes setting up 5-axis jobs as easy as setting up a 3-axis machine
- Includes the rotary axis calibration tool